Welcome to StarStruck Studios!
This is a live document. Starstruck Studios has an obligation to keep up to date with all HSE, NPHET COVID-19 guidelines and revise policies according to changes in regulations or restrictions.
Entering and Exiting Classes
• All staff members and registered families will complete a Return to Studio form before resuming work and commencement of class.
• Class start and finish times have been staggered to reduce the amount of traffic.
• Entry and Exit points to the building will be clearly displayed guiding students and parents to correct drop off and collection points.
• Staff will oversee the safe arrival and collection of students.
• Always maintain social distancing while queuing before and after class.
• We ask all parents and carers to wear face coverings while queuing before and after class.
• Students should arrive dressed in uniform and ready for class.
• Non contact temperature check for everyone on entry to the studio.
• Students or staff members with a temperature of 37.5 or above will not be permitted to enter.
• Attendance records (Name of student, Date and Class attended) are recorded and securely stored daily. Records will be kept for 15 weeks in accordance with contact tracing guidelines and GDPR protocols.
• Any person presenting one or more of the following symptoms will not be permitted into the studio: A fever, cough or breathing difficulties, loss or change to your sense of smell or taste, aches and pains.
• All persons will be asked by staff to sanitize their hands on entry and exit.
• All students will line up accordingly and only enter on teachers’ instructions.
• We ask all parents and students to arrive and be collected from class on time.
• If you are absent from class, please notify the office.
Social Distancing – Stay 2 Tutus Apart
• Starstruck Studios will always adhere to all HSE and NEPHET social distancing recommendations.
• Each studio is marked with clear floor indicators to help students stay within their own space.
• All class groupings have been reduced in size in accordance with COVID-19 guidelines.
• No parents/carers are not allowed into the studio without an arranged appointment.
• All payments for fees, exams and merchandise must be made through our bank. We no longer accept cheque and cash payments.
• All classes will operate in pods of 5. Each student will be told at the start of each term the coloured pod to which they belong. Some classes will operate with multi pods where space allows for adequate social distancing.
Hygiene – Wash Your Jazz Hands
• Staff will supervise the hand sanitization of each student before and after class.
• Younger children will be supervised on toilet breaks to ensure that proper hand hygiene is being followed.
• Older students will be encouraged to wash and sanitize their hands after using the bathroom.
• Each student is required to bring their own clearly labelled water bottle
• If necessary, students may bring a small dance/gym bag to carry their water bottle and dance shoes and personal items.
• The use of props and shared equipment will be limited and wiped down between users.
• Bare feet in class is no longer permitted. Dance Shoes or non-slip gym socks must be worn.
• All Acro and Senior students will be asked to bring their own yoga mat to class each week. (Please sanitize before and after class at home)
• Starstruck Studios are using and hiring shared buildings to hold classes we wish to confirm that we have adequate cleaning measures in place to sanitise the facility before and after class in consultation with the management of the shared facility in line with our studio activities.
• All cleaning duties will be logged and recorded.
• Time has been allocated between all classes to allow for ventilation of the studios and the disinfection/cleaning of all common areas, toilet, and high touch points.
• All floors will be cleaned daily however if dancers are to sit or roll on the floor during choreography the floor will then be disinfected in between classes.
• Teaching and administrative staff will always wear face coverings.
• From 3rd class upwards – Face shields/ masks are not compulsory while dancing however are most welcomed if you feel more comfortable doing so.
• Any face covering that is left behind after class will be disposed of safely.
• We ask all senior students, parents, and carers to wear a face covering while queuing or entering the building.
Secure and Safe in Dance
• Staff have completed Covid -19 training and have an obligation to implement all guidelines, policies, and procedures.
• Clear markings to maintain social distancing within and outside the studio.
• Instructional posters throughout the building on hand washing and sanitisation.
If you have specific questions or concerns, contact email@example.com or 0879601664. Let us exercise patience with one another to ensure we keep safe and healthy and continue to nurture our love for Dance.